Neural Amp Modeler alternative for the DWARF

No, I did not know that, thank you @falkTX !

I understand your concern for hardware sales, but think a second about it: who is buying the Dwarf? Beginner guitarists (80% of the potential buyers) and advanced amateur bands who are trying to find the best bang-for-the-buck around $200-300? Or advanced guitarists who gig live regularly? Definitely the second target.
Buy not providing free, you’re not missing a customer segment, you’re missing the expansion of the brand name. The most valuable part here is not AidaX, because there is already NAM, for free. The most valuable part is the Mod GUI.

You guys are now selling what… 2,000 units? 3,000 units/year?
If you provide the GUI for free, 100,000 people will download it, and 10,000 will realize how much they need it in a pedal form, and buy it… In the US, currently, there is money flying in the air… the economy has never been so extremely good looking, people don’t know how to spend their money. A good fractions of Americans really have a LOT of extra money. I don’t think you’ll loose sales of hardware, or an insignificant number compensated but the new purchases. Who likes your stuff will definitely buy it.
Just a guess, as I’m not a business strategy person.

If you guys are concerned in providing Mod GUI for free, then why not offering it in different tiers, like free, low cost desktop limited, regular desktop full, regular web-based + pedal + profiling?
Just a 2cents example… (and by doing so, it could generate an immediate income from target customers who will never plan to buy a Dwarf, because it’s above their budget).

1 Like

which then results in needing to support it as an official product, which involves several rounds of testing, quality assurance and those sorta things.

right now for MOD it is just me on the technical side of things, focusing on this would mean leaving all other stuff behind. it just can’t be justified at the moment, for business reasons.

any new developments need to be seriously considered before being pushed as official feature, because we then need to keep maintainance and support for them. we already made the mistake in the past of pushing for things that were not quite ready… fixing the things that are already meant to be officially supported should take priority over developments of new stuff, in my opinion.

6 Likes

The business priorities are not always the ones that seem the most obvious.
Yes, if you sell more, you need to support it as official product. But if you sell 10,000 units, it means you have developed a small company, and thus you can hire more people.

Companies nowadays rarely stall… or they grow, or they die… and often the survival depends of the speed in which these develop. What investors want to see, is growth, always. And so do we, the MOD community. We count on you… good luck, and thank you for all what you’re doing!

2 Likes