My new physical PedalBoard: Reduced to the max

Hi @Mayonaise_Spaceboy
You must use the plugins in the right way, then the sound will be as good as compared to the HX Stomp. For example: If you use a distortion plugin, don’t forget to work on the input and output gain and above all don’t forget to use an amp and a cab. A distortion without amp makes, to be honest, no sense. The pedal is for pushing an amp and a good distortion is a result of a pedal in combination with an overdriven amp (for clipping). For the start my recommendation is:
Take the Veja Onyx Amp and put a distortion pedal in front of this, to blow the power of the pedal in the amp. Onyx in my eyes is the easiest amp to get fast and good results. Now turn the gain knob on the amp and you will find out that it is behaving like a real amp. So too much gain makes a lot of clipping but also a lot of noise (as in real live). You can plug a gain control in front of / between / after the plugins if the noise is too much. If you want to have heavy distortion, use a noise gate plugin. Add a cab as per your taste. There are lots of them available. Then add a bit of reverb, maybe a bit of modulation and it will sound fine.
I like the Shiro verb the most, but there are hundreds of reverbs available meanwhile, like the convolution reverbs, an IR loader, the Dragon Fly etc. You can try this with other amps and pedals then as well. it is a device for experimenting…

3 Likes

Hey @Mayonaise_Spaceboy

Why don’t you start a dedicated thread for this and we’ll try to guide you through it?
You can share a screenshot or even share the pedalboard (via share in the MOD interface)
Have you tried some of the pedalboards that you can find and try online?
What kind of style/sound sohuld your first, good board sound like?

Don’t answer these questions here, create your own topic for it, this one is about creating very smal pedalboards :wink:

2 Likes

:smile: :smile: :smile: :grinning: :joy: right!

yeah sorry, my JustinGuitar Community admin reflex were kicking in :wink: | this board could use some mild moderation now and then though :wink:

3 Likes