MOD Reboot: We made it!

I know nothing about Max/MSP, but it seems that if you need a Linux system to do builds, why don’t you create a virtual disk image that is properly configured for the purpose?

3 Likes

Thanks so much @falkTX for the thorough explanation.

I have machines here with various MacOS versions, a VMWare of others, and a Linux local that I can use. Any Linux distro you’d suggest? It currently has Ubuntu 18.04.

If I recall correctly, there’s an override at system level that allows any unsigned app in MacOS:

sudo spctl --master-disable

(not sure it works in current OS versions.)

3 Likes

any you already have working. just needs gcc and some little packages. the mod-plugin-builder readme has a list

4 Likes

Waiting for that, I have a couple of paid plugins in my shopping list.

6 Likes

Just wanted make a recommendation that MOD enable sponsorship on its GitHub org.

8 Likes

Maxgen integration is working again (since yesterday)

8 Likes

Hi everyone, good to see that everything is getting back up and running :slight_smile: What about the hardware side?Can we expect some deliveries of dwarves in november?!?

My custom pedalboard with mod footswitch is still waiting for it :frowning:

4 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. I am trying to finish my newest rack build and can’t seem to find the I/O on the “flat white” version. :wink:

17 Likes

It looks like you are covered with plenty of other options :slight_smile: I’am more focused on just the MOD :smiley:

6 Likes

@orange_gorilla

Yes, you definitely need a Dwarf on the shelf! I love the compact setup.

It’s true I do have other options, however, the Dwarf is to fulfill a particular role that none of the other units can for a live electronica project. At some point in the near future if the Dwarf has not arrived I will likely pull the AXE FX and replace it with a mini PC running Gig Performer and an audio interface to do what I had intended of the Dwarf.

2 Likes

I was clearly joking, we all need a dwarf :slight_smile: Nice rack anyway :smiley:

4 Likes

We hope to ship devices in November still.
Now it’s mostly holding on bureaucracy to kick production and the “normal” operation.
Unfortunately we can’t really control how that bureaucracy moves, so we can’t give you a crystal clear answer. I can assure you anyway that we are making a lot of pressure (especially @friedsilence) and I believe things on the production/shipping side are somehow on track to move on the next couple of weeks.
Maybe @friedsilence can give you more details

3 Likes

Any update on store purchases? I’m Itching for a whole bunch of premium content….

4 Likes

I don’t think so. At least more than the contracts and conversations with the plugin developers are moving. Yet it needs to be treated case by case with each developer.

1 Like

Hi, checking in to see whether there’s any updates regarding resuming Dwarf production. Any guidance on the timeframe? Getting my Founder’s edition before the end of '22 would be a great Christmas present.

2 Likes

Not telling you much yet, but I can tell you that news should come soon. The factory production is about to resume and then it’s a matter of everything running smoothly in terms of quality, etc.

2 Likes

What is the situation of the backers that couldn’t opt for the 150 euros extra. I am one of those and I really can’t invest more money. Also I will have to pay the extra taxes for the UK. Would you create 2 new tiers?

1 Like

This has been explained many times already: you’ll have to wait until the cash-flow is stable enough for those orders to be processed.

UK related issues you’ll have to complain about to your representatives in government. There is really nothing that MOD can do about that.

1 Like

Brexit sends its regards! You have only advantages from it, you were promised.

5 Likes