MOD Duo X - Last mile countdown

It also depends on your location. From what I have seen of a few units leaving the office, most of them were European. But could be coincidence…

aha… interesting… i’m in canada! :upside_down_face:

I ordered mine beginning of June 19 (1st) and no… I have not received anything. So from what i can gather from here there is still a year to go at least before me… did i hear correctly that all pre-orders before the cut off date (something around 15th July) would all be shipped before mid august?

Hello, I ordered mine thé 26 of april, I’ve triés to ordered another one few days ago with a shippement after 15 of August but it didn’t work… Maybe thé stock Is empty :dizzy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::clown_face:

Hi @turbopii

The first pre-order batch is all gone.

We’ve opened pre-orders for a new batch that will be delivered in December.

Cheers!

Dear @dwek

Does this mean that if I did not get any notification nor delivery so far, I would have to wait until December?

Thanks

Hi @rolego,

No, sorry if I wasn’t clear.

The pre-orders of batch 1 are closed. They are currently being fulfilled.

The pre-orders for batch 2 are open. They will be fulfilled in December.

4 Likes

What order dates separate Batch 1 & 2? You mean that if I haven’t gotten it by now that I won’t get it till December?!?

@angelopuccinelli It sounds like what they are saying is simply that all the orders before July 4th are batch 1 (should be fulfilled by around mid August), and they are now opening the door to more orders for batch 2 and they expect them to be fulfilled around December. In the message just above yours @dwek makes it clear that even though you haven’t gotten an email with tracking information yet, you’re still part of batch 1 (you didn’t get ‘bumped’ to batch 2) if you ordered before July 4th of this year.

4 Likes

Hi @angelopuccinelli,

Yes, exactly what @Inkwell said :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I believe the cutoff date for batch 2 is wrong.
All orders which were placed before the 24th of July (date of the announcement for batch 2) should arrive in August.
This is the info that has been given so far.

• orders placed before July 4th -> to be all shipped before mid-August
  • orders placed between the 4th of July and the 24th of July -> to be shipped mid-August (whatever that means)
  • orders placed after the 24th of July -> to be shipped in December
1 Like

I followed the recent update release notes and couldn’t find anything about the SPDIF output. Does it work now? It was mentioned that it just needs a minor fix.

It does not work yet. I have began some tests on it, and have the needed equipment to test it as well.
But due to a serious issue we found of some units restarting the screen software, our focus went to get a solution for that. It is still not fixed, but at least we have a workaround now (disabling peakmeters, new option in advanced settings page)

Hi! No screen issue with peak meters turned off - confirmed!

I use for 15 days mod duo x. I’m very happy, but I’m a little disappointed with some things. I use primarily for synth sounds, but some plugin can not access the parameters especially for hammond organ. I also find that there are too few plugins that work with tap tempo.
Are there improvements planned on it?
Otherwise, other strange problem.
I plug my midi accordion on the mod duo (it works with 3 channels) I pilot with the Morninstar MC6. When I go through by a merger midi solution ( MIDI Solutions Quadra Merge V2), I can not do more than 2 notes, and the 2nd note remains blocked.
I also can not set the global tempo by sending a CC. Can you say me why?
Finally I plan to create a post on the forum for keyboard users. Is it wise for you?

On the setbfree, not exactly. But we have quite a few plugins in the works.
The previous unit we did, the Duo, was heavily focused on guitar-like players, and the current selection of plugins shows that.
Plugins are something that is not tied to a release (unless they depend on certain features), so with time more will come for sure.
I am in the processing of porting a new synth, and Bram is working on a few nice things (which I am not sure if I allowed to talk about :stuck_out_tongue:)
A few nice plugins got released as LV2 recently, they are on our radar. At some point we will get them here too. I am quite happy to see my own little framework (DPF) being in use for some of them, like the Dragonfly Reverb. :blush:

hmm can you confirm this is an issue with the MOD? have you tried in other devices, or in a PC?

Well, no, it works just as any other midi learn, that creates an addressing for MIDI CC.
But you cannot have sync mode as “MIDI” [Clock] and have the BPM as a CC, as they would conflict.
Mapping the BPM to a CC, via MIDI learn feature, is as easy as clicking the settings-like icon on the bottom-right of the bpm value and then selecting MIDI. You want to trigger this screen:

Screenshot_20190809_143354

Not sure what you mean, but sure, go ahead.
Criticism is welcome, if that is what you are referring to.

2 Likes

The Mod Duo X landed here a couple of days ago and i have had a few issues to deal with.

When opening the Web Gui, i was unable to find the Midi Button, which is show in pictures next to the midi clock.

I had the unit “re-booting” its screen every few minutes but it seems that the workaround of disabling peakmeters worked for now.

Sometimes when i press the left rotary encoder to enter system settings, the display darkens and the leftmost button turns purple.

I did not see the unit appearing as an usb device on my mac. But it did appear as a drive in update mode.

• The last one is a plugin questions - The MIDI Enforce Scale and Midi Chord by Robin Gareus only supports Major Scales in the dropdown menu. Great if you only want to do things in Major, but otherwise not so great.

I will add to the list if i find any more things.

With all that said i do think i got some great sounds out of it, and i´m hoping most bugs will be fixed along the way.

PS: Would love if the Pedalboard got a small mixer, maybe 3 or 4 channels summed to mono/stereo out.

Hello @dwek,
I still haven’t received any mail or any confirmation about my order from april 26.
Can you give me more informations pm?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Mads-G,

The MIDI button is part of something that we call the ‘legacy’ MIDI mode internally. In this mode, every MIDI device needs to be enabled manually through this menu. Starting from 1.7 we added a MIDI aggregator that combines all MIDI inputs from every device to a single port. This means there is no need to connect to the computer any more when changing MIDI keyboard. (however, we will be bringing back this ‘legacy’ mode in a future update).

regarding the display brightness / led turning on, this seems like the display&knob controller of the devices sadly crashed :frowning: Would you happen to have more info about what sequence of events causes this? These are the nasty bugs we would like to fix as soon as possible. Feel free to PM me about this as well!

When the DuoX gets connected to any PC it identifies itself as a network device in normal operation. So it’s expected that it does not show up as mass storage. There are some possibilities here for the future, but we first need to get to a stable device before we invest in these new things. for now, this might interest you Duo X as USB Audio input and MIDI device | EXPERIMENTAL

all feedback is greatly appreciated and I hope this info helps!

1 Like

Hi Jan.
Good to hear about the mini button as i couldn´t find any documentation about where it had gone.

The display brightness / led turning on seemed to happen pretty randomly. It might have been after a screen reset (before the peakmeater workaround was applied). I will try and recreate it when i get the opportunity.