Midi foot controller for brass player

Hello everyone. I am very happy to be a part of this family of Mod users. I bought the Mod duo x in April in Los Angeles and am very happy with it because I feel free to create effects. I am glad that in these difficult times your team was able to overcome difficulties and continue to work on improving the quality of the instruments. I mainly use a microphone as I am a brass player and naturally my hands are busy while playing. I need to buy a midi foot controller so I need your recommendations. I chose three of them, Morningstar mc6 pro, Pirate bridge 6 and Mortrix. Are there any users among us who have experience with these devices. Please share your experience. Thank you very much, Greetings from Armenia.Norayr Kartashyan.

2 Likes

Hi Noro,
Morningstar mc6 pro user here ! It’s very easy to configure with a browser (even with Linux), works straight with the ModDwarf. Not cheap though…

3 Likes

Thanks dear Rom.

1 Like

I used the mc6 for a while and sold it and used the mc3 for a while. I agree with Rom. They are very well built and the company is very responsive. I was very happy with the both the mc3 and the mc6, but I had never used midi before so there was a pretty steep learning curve for me. I ended up selling the mc3 as well because I was spending more time working with midi than playing music. If I ever go back to midi I’d go with the mc6 pro - it has so many improvements over the previous version and it would be great to have two expression pedals.

2 Likes

Hi Noro,
I am using Pirate MIDI Bridge 6 with MOD Dwarf and it works very well. Bridge 6 is connected to Dwarf with USB cable which provides both power and midi communication. I had a bit trouble with transferring midi clock from Bridge to Dwarf - but I did not dig deep into it yet and just used tap tempo on Dwarf, instead of on Bridge. I love the display on Bridge - crisp and clean!

3 Likes

Hi @Noro,
I used the Morningstar MC3, which in my eyes ist one of the best Midi foot controller in the market (I tested 5 or 6 others as well, so there is some comparison possible for me). Sadly it was to big for my tiny pedalboard, so I had to take it off the pedalboard again. Now I am using the Jet Pedals MCX, it is a third of the size of the MC3 and still you can do really a lot with it. I like it very much and can recommend this device.

2 Likes

hello friends. I want to say a big thank you for your help, I think that I will decide when buying a midi foot controller. I have already prepared something in order to share with you, this is a record that I played and recorded on my Mod Duo x. For me, this is just something , to have so many possibilities in one device. I’m just delighted with Mod Duo x. Please tell me where to put the record. Once again I want to express my gratitude to those who responded, and to everyone too. Regards NORO.

2 Likes

Hi @Noro You can post your recoerd in this: Content Exchange. I am personally very interested in it, because it is brass, and I am looking forward!

Hi dear Kim , i try to put here my recording and can not do that i don’t know why.

hello dear Kim, I finally got a midi controller ms6 morningstar for myself. With the help of Rom, I learned how to program presets. I’m stuck on programming banks and can’t go ahead. If you could help in any way, I will be grateful to you. Thank you in advance. Greetings from Armenia, Norayr Kartashyan.

1 Like

Hi Noro,
What do you want to achieve ? You’re talking about banks in the Dwarf or banks in the MC6 ?

Hi @Noro . Sorry, I have been in holidays and did not answer yet. But the question of @Rom is exactly also my question.

hello dear friends, probably I should decide before forming a question. On MS 6 pro, I see that with the help of buttons b and c I can change the bank up and with the help of a and b bank down. How can I change banks to Mod Duo x using MS 6, and is it possible in principle? Thank you and I wish you a flood of creative inspiration. With pleasure Norayr Kartashyan.

1 Like

Holà Noro

• You have to chose in the DuoX’s options which PC channel is dedicated to the Pedalboard switching, look here to do this Dwarf Device Settings - MOD Wiki
  • in the MC6 you can send on the channel you choose the PC0 to load the 1st pedalboard, the PC1 to load the 2nd, etc…
  • then you can even increment the preset with a single switch, here is a tutorial :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtSx68vfjS8

Hola dear Rom , :pray: thank you for your answer, it was very useful information for me , but firstly need to understand how can reorder pedalboards on my Mod x using web editor.
With big pleasure Noro.

Hello Dear friends I need your help. I use a Morningstar ms6 pro midi controller and every time I turn on Mod x and ms6 pro I have to introduce these two devices. When turned on, the Mod remembers the last used preset, and ms6 pro turns on with the first preset. If it’s not difficult for you, please tell me how to synchronize them. Thank you in advance. Norayr Kartashyan.

1 Like

Hi Noro
You still mean MC6 ? (and not ms6 ?)

You can change this in the morningstar editor (Morningstar MIDI Editor) :

• in the Controller Settings
  • go to the 1st part called General Configuration
  • you’ll find something you can check called : Load last used bank on power up

Or in the Mod side you can add a the infamous mindi - MOD Audio plugin that sends only to the morningstar :

• Message type : Program Change
  • channel : 0
  • Note/CC/PG numbe : make this editable by a knob so you can change your morningstar’s bank this knob
  • value : 127
1 Like

Hello dear Rom, I want to express my deep gratitude to you. I did this with the help of the MC6 pro editor and the last thing I want to learn is how to turn two delays on and off at once in one pedalboard. thank you again for your help. Norayr Kartashyan.

1 Like

Hi Noro,
citing myself from another post:

3 Likes