Meris Enzo Midi problem

Just out of interest why are you midi mapping with duo? Can you not just program exp pedal to send cc17?

Also if you have a din to trs cable maybe you can try straight from FCB to Enzo.

One last idea if you have TOUCHOSC maybe create a couple of pages of faders or switches and see if any control the Enzo. I do something similar with synths and drum machines that I want to try and see what they respond to.

Where are you based? Maybe one of us is nearby and could physically help you

1 Like

What you shared makes me feel still that the issue is after the Duo, which may get a bit harder for us here to help you out. To totally take a possible issue from the Duo out of the equation, please send the Duo sending some message that you clearly can see what it is (I suggest using a sequencer or mindi) and connect the MIDI out to a MIDI in of a MIDI interface connected to your computer. Then check with a MIDI monitor. You kind of did all of this already, I’m trying to fragment the issue and go one step at a time.
Then do exactly the other way around, connect the Enzo to the computer, send messages from the computer that you clearly know what they are, and check if the Enzo reacts as it should (the manual should help you here). If that doesn’t work, either the issue is on the cable/connection or on the Enzo itself.
Please note that if it receives messages, but not what is supposed, consider it as “not working”.
For the description of the issue that you have been sharing, I feel that something is going wrong on the cable/connection side of things.

1 Like

Because programming the fcb to do that is way harder then translating the signal with the duo (it would seem :thinking:)

Austria :sweat_smile:

I still think it’s more of an Enzo problem and I still think that it needs this conversation box to work. All tutorials and videos have one of those boxes in front of the enzo, also the support stated that I’ll need one.
Next thing I’ll try is going from my Computer-Audio Interface directly into the Enzo and generate some clean midi message.
Btw I found out why it says controller general purpose slider 2.
Thanks for all your help, but I’ll stop cluttering this forum with a problem, that’s not a mod audio problem but a meris problem.

2 Likes

Surely the android shield isnt required as the Duo does that side for you.

Found this and thought it might be handy

Sorry Im UK so not that handy.

2 Likes

Thanks, this is awesome! :star_struck: I think this’ll be my christmes holiday project :smiley:

2 Likes

I genuiny hope you crack it soon. Experiment with cables though first.

2 Likes

How do you find the meris - it’s on my list but not sure if the boss sy200 is better for me

1 Like

I didn’t try other synth pedals but for my taste it’s an outstanding synth pedal. The sound and tracking is amazing. In poly mode it tracks chords and does a great job. The arpeggio is nice but a little slow for my taste. I allways need to tap double time to get what I need… It also has a dry mode where you can use the delay (stereo ping pong) compressor, ring mod and filter without synth. I’d discribe it as a lightsaber swiss army knife with a big padlock, that needs the right key (which costs extra) or needs to be picked. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Will this help pick it?

Almost finished it if you fancy it.

TOUCHOSC obviously

Finished can’t test as don’t have an Enzo

4 Likes

ok, so I guess this is your most accurate answer.

all good with that :slight_smile:

Wow that looks really cool! Now I’m motivated again trying a few things to get it working. Just gotta sit out my flu first… :face_with_thermometer:

I was snowed in at my mums so passed some time. When I get back home will check it works and tweak it to work with the newer TOUCHOSC. Might even do a Lemur version.

Once you get used to creating layouts it’s pretty quick to do.

I create them for all sorts of things but I do find faders are a bit easier than the knobs to use.

First is a Nord Synth the other are MOD plugins

The XY pad controls filter and delay feedback - no idea if that’s any good to you but it’s an easy change.

3 Likes

Although it appears its not a MOD problem as such I love stuff like this on the forum. We are various level Nerds so I think it’s a really cool share. Quite a few of us are tempted by Meris stuff so problem solving it now makes decisions a bit easier.

I do find it’s a happy place to be when it’s not directly MOD related :wink:

Also it gives us new ideas on how to implement our Duo’s, Dwarf’s and X 's which is a good thing.

Maybe we could have a separate category thread that deals with other pedals and synths that we are trying to implement with the MOD stuff.

7 Likes

ah yes! Totally! Please don’t take me wrong, when I wrote that I meant just on the help side @roughael needs to “be lucky” and have someone that can replicate the setup with both devices.
This type of post personally already allowed me to learn a lot, so keep them common :wink:
In the end, MOD is a community of “geek musicians” :slight_smile:

1 Like