Introducing the MOD Desktop - Beta release

Hi there couple days ago i found this great software. So i figure out most of things, but also i have some newbie question. Maybe somebody will help me.
I am on Windows.

-How to record or capture WET signal from Mod Desktop in standalone mode by the OBS for example. I dont have loopback on my audio interface. What is the best way?

only alsa, which is the best for lower latency because of exclusive access, with the downside that with exclusive acccess only pipedal can use the sound device.

1 Like

I don’t think that there’s a direct way on the MOD Desktop.
My best suggestion is to find some routing software that acts as a soundcard and routes the audio out from MOD Desktop into OBS.
Are you using a Windows, Mac, or Linux machine?

I know how to capture any Daw. For example - to use Reaper Reastream vst plugin. But here i cant figure out how to do this without daw.

If you want to record audio, you can use Record-Stereo Mini - MOD Audio

I tried to capture audio with OBS on Windows, but I couldn’t figure out how.

On Linux you can redirect MOD Desktop output to DAW(Ardour etc) with Pipewire or JACK.
And you can capture audio by OBS too.

1 Like

Ah sorry, missed that part of your post… :confused:

According to this article on Ableton’s Knowledge Base, JACK also works for Windows. Another option seems to be VoiceMeeter.

Disclaimer: I didn’t try it myself. I just did a quick Google search on audio routing software for Windows.

I installed MOD Desktop to Linux Mint and now would like to uninstall it. How do I do this?

Just delete mod-desktop-0.0.12-linux-x86_64 directory and ~/Documents/MOD Desktop directory.

1 Like

Thanks.

2 Likes