How do I share a pedalboard between 2 dwarfs

Hello there,

The share option does not work … Ideally I would like to clone the entire thing.
What I do now is use backup & restore… that’s fine. Is there a way to do that from the DWARF directly ? IE without having to start this process from the Web UI…

Do you mean copying not only one pedalboard, but all right?
Do you have some ssh skills? If yes, I believe that you can do it from there.

If you are using a Mac computer, my answer at the end of the following link may help you copy the entire pedal board from one Dwarf to another:

https://forum.mod.audio/t/merge-backed-up-data-with-existing-data-is-it-possible/8129/21

4 Likes

To be honest it would work with whatever PC/Tablet with an ssh/scp client

On Linux you have it by default, on windows you could use winscp, on android you can use AndFTP…

2 Likes

ideally, I would want to be able to do that without having to go through a computer…
something to think about.

I agree, creating/restoring backup from the device interface could be a nice feature to add (as long it isn’t already here, but i couldn’t find it)

Hello @RDNZL , @Zavorra , @Simon and @jon,

I don’t know about the file handling procedure of the MOD ecosystem but I have an idea.

I think it would be useful to save and share whole banks,
from the GUI or the device itself (instead of just pedalboards, even if a bank contains only one pedalboard).

For the web interface:
If you click on the {+Add New Bank} icon you could be asked do create a new bank from scratch or import it from your USB memory.
Next to the {Delete Bank} button there should be a {Save Bank To USB Memory} button.
Would this be possible even with pedalboards of the same name?
Just thinking…

Greetings and God bless, Marius

4 Likes