Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Cheers @Mack ! And nice that my little demo at the hackerspace gave you enough interest to go for it :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome @Mack ! Look forward to hearing what you do with your MOD :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Mack Very interesting background!

2 Likes

Hey Dreamer, I soon might drop by at Nurdspace to learn a thing or two.

3 Likes

I am apparently unable to post any new topics to the forum. Can you please correct that? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi
Could you now ?
(I’ve upgrade your trust level)

4 Likes

It appears to be working now. Thanks.

oh- about me- I’ve done experimental electronic music beginning in the mid 80’s and was once even a very early employee of N.I. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

that sounds cool :slight_smile: you should share something with us :slight_smile:

Thanks @Rom for the help

1 Like

Noob Mod Dwarf owner, acoustic guitarist across 3 decades, live streamer with a weekly one hour show, looking to do a few things that are a little more interesting and dynamic.

So far not bad, learning slowly, not yet brave enough to take this thing live just yet.

If there are any Mod Dwarf experts who would like to teach me a thing or two about effects chains and the CV options, I’m interested :slight_smile: thanks and all good things, d :slight_smile:

www.poyzer.com

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Darren_Poyzer

I would say that if you hang around the forum for a bit you will find quite a lot and learn even more :wink:
Let us know if you have any specific doubts or questions.

2 Likes

Thanks Jon :slight_smile:

Ive learned quite a lot already; my challenge is to create an acoustic guitar ‘set’ of dynamic subtle effects that maintain as best I can, some degree of organic ‘theatre’. I know what I want but haven’t created it yet.

Loving the challenge though!

3 Likes

I’m Dave, I love to tinker. I’ve done a bit of audio plugin dev in the past (back in the days of Jeskola Buzz), I play guitar and keys, and I’ve just received my awesome Founders Edition Dwarf (literally just a few minutes ago). I’ve got a lot of reading and catching up to do but with a device in hand I feel I can finally contribute a bit and join in the fun.

10 Likes

Just ordered a used Dwarf… soooo curious!

8 Likes

Enjoy! Would love to hear what you create with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Ed, a multi-instrumentalist—these days mostly bass, guitar, and keys.

From the UK originally, living in the US for two decades, and at various times have also lived in Egypt and Italy and traveled in Europe, Middle East and in Africa (less so).

I play with local friends, mostly covers (rock, funk, soul) but I plan to use the Dwarf—Founders Edition recently received, finally!—for composition and home recording. My family are all involved in theatre and I have written music for a few productions.

Looking forward to experimenting with the Dwarf and loopers particularly with my basses, somewhat in the mode of Steve Lawson (listen on Bandcamp if you’re not familiar—he uses a Duo rather than a Dwarf): something to aspire to, anyway!

Finally, happy new year to everyone!

10 Likes

Welcome! Wow, you’ve been all over the planet :slight_smile: “Experimenting with the Dwarf” is what I’ve been doing for almost a year now. It’s nearly endless.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum and Mod world, @edwebb. Hope the MOD will help you with your band and other projects.

Re recording, there are mixer plugins you can use to mix different effect chains on the fly, but how much you can record is contingent on the Dwarf’s internal memory as of now. I never did recordings so I can’t tell for sure how to overdub, for instance (most likely you need to play one file and record another.)

Steve Lawson is a regular here in the forum, you’ll get to see him around under the handle ‘solobasssteve’.

6 Likes

Now I got the unit! Like it a lot from the first minutes testing!

I come from developing for the Sonic core Scope platform more than 15 Years ago. On Laptop I work with flowstone and Meldaproductions MXXX and MSoundfactory as Modular systems. I’m allways looking for small battery-power-abled devices which I can take with me for Improvising Music for contact dancers (CI dance improvisation). I am a Music teacher and in my sparetime I am a sound researecher and live looper.

I think many things will be possible for me, like live-looping which I will do with loopy-pro anyway, but it will be nice to have a pedal for that too! I will do some experiments with acoustic instruments to Synth or to harmonizing… Flute, Saxophone, Cello, Violin, Voice etc… will get FX and experiments with Audio2CV.

I would love to see GuitarML stuff on this device, but my main project will be violin and Cello sound through Corpus IRs I think. This is the perfect box for this. Although Strymon iridium has much higher Quality, this device is much more flexible. I dreamed 13 years ago having a box to load impulse responses for making a pickup sound for violin and cello sound like an acoustic Violin/Cello. Now this is possible. I hope the Selfnoise of the converters will be good enough for this purpose. Hope an external preamp will solve noise issues…

So far I think I can live with the 128 frames buffer. I know that 64 or 96 frames would feel better. As there is a setting for 256 frames, maybe 64 frames could be added (I know that would be a stability & CPU usage trade in…)
Maybe I will use Dwarf as a little Fun Synthesizer too… searchjing for lofi synth sounds :-).

I’m so happy to be part of this! Thank you so much!!!

8 Likes

welcome @MCCY it sounds like you have some really interesting use cases! I can’t wait to hear about your experiences with the Dwarf, and to hear the results!

2 Likes

…same with me… I am looking forward in hearing of your experiences with the Dwarf!

3 Likes