Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

HI! I’m Mike new to the forum.
Thanks for having me :wink:

6 Likes

Welcome Mike!

3 Likes

Thanks, Kim! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi Rene here, and I am a singer songwriter from Seattle, WA.
Great to have found this forum.
Thank you.
Rene

4 Likes

Hi Rene!

Welcome to the MOD community!

It’s awesome to see someone from the PNW here; I’m down in Oregon, myself.

Hope you find all the answers you’re looking for, and I’m excited to see what content you share!

Hope all is well!

4 Likes

I am also feeling the same way, as I am not able to participate in most other forums.
I am lost and do not now what is going on.

2 Likes

Hello @MikeWay Michael, and @ReneAsologuitar Rene,

I raised both your user level so you may post your own topics.
Feel free to ask and to search topics that are related…

Greetings and God bless, Marius

4 Likes

Thank you, Marius

2 Likes

Hi all, im Jarryd (music teacher in Darwin Australia)
I went to buy a mod dwarf on the website yesterday, but now it says out of stock: any one know when ill be able to purchase one?
Jarryd

2 Likes

Welcome! It’d be interesting to get a music teacher’s take on the MOD ecosystem—step sequencer as metronome, harmonizers to teach… well, harmony, etc…

I’m not sure when the mod site or their Reverb store will have stock, but Thomann Music currently has the Dwarf in stock. Closer to you, it also looks like Koala Audio has one left.

4 Likes

Hi guys! i’m Gabriele from Italy, i’m a chapman stick player , mod duo user… i0m here to learn about mod device and share with you.
Gabry

5 Likes

Welcome @Gabry_Stick, @MikeWay and @Jarrydactyl

I know of one Duo X for sale in Europe, maybe the owner will ship to Australia. PM me if interested.

3 Likes

Cheers! Just ordered the last dwarf from koala audio here in Australia. So pumped. Stay tuned for an epic violin, Epiano, guitar drums Groovebox coming soon!

7 Likes

look forward to hearing that!

2 Likes

You should talk to @Skydiver — he’s also a stick player.

4 Likes

Yay! Another stick player!
The mod is great for stick! Process each side independently in one box.

4 Likes

So, stick with MOD guys! :grin:

5 Likes

Hello. Looking forward to exploring MOD stuff more. Currently I’m running MOD-HOST and MOD-UI under docker, connected to my HOST PC via JACK.

Very intrigued by the MOD-UI GUI. My OS is a bit of a frankendebian so I couldn’t compile things locally for various package dependency reasons. I was able to get it all running under docker after spending some hours updating this repository: github dot com/ajboni/mod-docker

My main issue now is understanding how to toggle On/Off or Bypass from my midi foot pedal. So far, I can send CC messages which turn the pedal off, but I can’t get the plugin to toggle. So close, yet so far :frowning:

I’m really just after setting up 4 plugins and mapping 4 buttons on my footswitch to toggle them on and off.

Any expertise on this matter would be amazing. Feeling a bit frustrated.

:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

EDIT: I figured it out! I guess rubber ducky technique works :slight_smile:

Also, investigating MIDI messages with QMidiRoute helped along with the search feature. Basically my CC values were not properly being set! Now the toggle is working. WOOT! Time to rock out :metal:

6 Likes

Hey all, I make electronic music under the alias Hohtogrammi. You can find my stuff on all streaming platforms, plus I stream weekly on my YouTube channel making live techno using also the Mod Dwarf.

Happy to join the forums and already have some questions! :slight_smile:

8 Likes