Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

Good to officially meet you!

I am glad you finally got your dwarf, and I sincerely hope it meets your expectations.

Iā€™ve been away from the forums for quite some time, and I cant wait to see what you produce with your new pedal!

Hope all is well with you, and yours!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @Trilby ā€“ from the now thawing banks of the Rideau river.

Keeping the good olā€™ tube amp handy and some pedals (plus other options) is always a good idea ā€“ unless we ask that question to our spouses. :grimacing:

1 Like

Oh, interesting. Iā€™m not very knowledgeable about amps since I have mostly been using synths up until recently. The learning process is very fun though! :thought_balloon:

Thanks for listening!

3 Likes

Hi everyone, Iā€™m a new MOD Dwarf user, and besides the large plugin library, I appreciate the opened platform concept. Happy to discover the seemingly very friendly and open minded community !

17 Likes

Hey @skorqa!

Welcome to the MOD community!

Iā€™m glad to hear you got your dwarf and are enjoying it!

If you are new to the forum and canā€™t post topics quite yet, donā€™t fret, someone will bump your privileges.

Hopefully we have all sort of good info here for you to dig through, and feel free to ask questions anytime.

Welcome!

3 Likes

Hi and welcome,

I invite you to read my journal, it might help you along the way if you are here for guitar sounds :wink:

3 Likes

Hi @skorqa! Wellcome in the Mod community!

2 Likes

Hi guys! My name is Youssry Taha, I play Banjo & electric Banjo in multiple HipHop/Jazz/World music bands. I just got my Dwarf and am having a blast trying so many cool things out !

Love everything MOD so far <3

15 Likes

Hey @Youssry_Taha
That sounds like an interesting combo and I canā€™t wait to discover how you will use the Dwarf in your setup!

Welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome to the MOD community!

Iā€™ve always loved banjo lol. Bluegrass is one of the few generes Iā€™ll listen to, I can thank my dad for making me watch ā€œO brother where art thouā€ a lot as kid.

Iā€™d love to see a MOD device take on a skilled banjo player!

3 Likes

Hey there!

I just got a Dwarf (again) and am absolutely loving it.

Itā€™s currently being used for a DIY project of MIDIfying an old Hammond transistor organ - keeping the classic spinet design, MIDIfying the keybeds and then triggering SetBfree with lots of different effects. Might not be the most popular thing to do with it but most dedicated Hammond modules cost way more and are not even close to the flexibility of the Dwarf.

Oh and itā€™s a great MIDI router/filter and might as well be used as an effects unit for my Irish Bouzouki as well as flute. :relaxed:

Iā€˜m a keyboard player for a hard rock tribute band and vocalist, flute/bouzouki/keyboard player, songwriter in an orchestral folk metal band aaand a few ambient/orchestral solo thingies.

Looking forward to ask a few silly questions here and joining the community. :wink:

Greetings,
The Blacksmith

16 Likes

Cool project! Welcome!

1 Like

I would love to see/hear a shot or two of your hammond setup with the Dwarf! Welcome!

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! Still got to figure a few things out regarding MIDI and Setbfree. Iā€™ll post the pedalboard here for sure!
Itā€™s currently being tested with my Nord Stage, as I donā€™t yet have the MIDI electronics for the keybeds and Iā€™m in no hurry. :wink:

Very cool project! Do you or will you have some videos on YouTube about that?

2 Likes

Planning on doing so but not specific plans at the moment. Iā€™m documenting everything with photos and some videos, so the material is there.

2 Likes

Here I am, now in my 50sā€¦ Letā€™s buy an electric guitar, just like when I was 18ā€¦
Aaaandā€¦ Dā€™OH, whatā€™s that thing? It has a name straight out of the Lord Of The Ringsā€¦ And can forge thousands of soundsā€¦ And it runs Linux!!!SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

My midlife crisis brought be here to have fun, learn something and maybe help others

G

13 Likes

I think that triple goal of yours kinda nails it! :smiley:
Welcome!

6 Likes

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Simon from Leeds, UK. Backed the Dwarf on Kickstarter and finally got my Founders Edition. Iā€™ve got a week off work and Iā€™m trying to get my head round everything - itā€™s a steep learning curve for a guy who started in the 80s with an Ibanez Artist, a chorus, a distortion and a flanger.

Hoping to get some help on here. First thing Iā€™m looking for is an auto-expression/swell effectā€¦

8 Likes

Welcome fellow guitarist!

Perhaps it is best to create a separate topic about this in the Plugins category
(That we can can keep the ā€œwelcomeā€ thread on-topic) and we can address your questions in the new thread you made.

1 Like