Heavy plugin builder

Ok I found the issue!
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/682332

Apple fucked it up lol

Its opening and I’m extremly excited (and kinda waiting for the next thing to debug haha)

EDIT:
5min later, tried witha simple test sketch, not working:
Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-03 um 22.49.51

So in theory I just have to save my patch, upload it there and click upload?

1 Like

Oops, my bad. At the moment I hardcoded the expected input patch name to main.pd (kind of to prepare for being able to upload a whole directory and it automatically picking the correct main patch).

As said this is a super rough port and missing a lot of functionality (you cannot set midi ports yet for instance).

I’ve pushed a small update that adds some hvcc debug output in the console.
This makes it a little bit easier to inspect when things go wrong.

1 Like

You didnt wanna make it too easy, did you :joy: :joy:
Renamed my test patch and it compiled!! Blasting 440hz just as expecrted (take this all you 432 esoterics :stuck_out_tongue: )
Thanks a lot for this! I am very excited!

So you can’t use midi in objects, or what does that mean concretely?

Cool! Does this mean I have to rebuild the whole thing, or how does this work?

Also: I have read before that you have to edit the code If you wanted any other control elements as pots. Is that still the case? And where would I find the file to edit?

Just that the form doesn’t set the midi i/o that you want for your plugin.
Hvcc and the DPF wrapper totally supports it, but I haven’t adjusted the form to include such settings.

Once again: it’s a super rough port and missing loads of features that hvcc already supports.

I don’t know if I want to keep hacking on this fork though since I really think a complete re-engineering is in order. It was really just a, relatively quick, test to see if/how it would work.

Sorry but I don’t know what you mean by this.

Ok.

Hmm I mean I am also learning PD at the same time. Just the fact that this test patch compiled makes the whole thing more concrete and motivates me. But yeah If lots of things won’t work then it could get frustrating.

I tried another plugin that has buttons, and faders and will It compiled I don’t see these UI elements in mod.
What do I have to do to get UI elements from PD to Mod?

You can’t. Please also read the documentation: DPF | hvcc

If you want to create modgui you will have to create one yourself: Creating GUIs - MOD Wiki

1 Like

Ah ok thannks!

ok thats something for later I guess.

I noticed that only the latest compiled plugin would show up, but not the older ones. Is this intentional?

Also sometimes it won’t show my newly compiled plugin at all…

Show up where? I don’t know what you mean by this.

Only the latest Plugin Shows up in the mod Patcher.
Also in the last 3 or so attempts a newer test plugin is not there.

I got into the unit via ssh and also didn’t find my test plugins…

No idea and this will require someone with programming knowledge to help improve.

Thank you for testing, but as stated this is clearly not meant for the average user yet :wink:

I tried changing the port to 5001 - I have always avoided docker before now and don’t get it yet, but nothing changed and I just running the script again did nothing - not sure how I build that in. I saw the other post, so I can disable airplay for now, although I need to be able to switch that on again, so is there a way I can rebuild it with the 5001 as default?

Did you change the value in the docker-compose or in the .env file?

I Just did the compose file. Now I try it in the .env as well it says 5001, but when I click on the localhost:5001 link it doesn’t work. To be fair, when I did disable the airplay, it didn’t work on 5000 either. It is doing something (ie, it doesn’t say there is nothing there) it just hangs on the page.
It says modgen-1 running, and zealous_franklin has a scrolling line next to it. I guess something is wrong, but there aren’t any logs and if I look at that last one it says stats will be available when it starts. Unfortunately my lack of knowledge of docker prevents any real debugging options. I guess I need to spend some quality time with docker at some point to work out what is going wrong with it as more things seem to use it.

You need to only edit the env file. The python server is listening inside the docker container on port 5000.

The compose file redirects from the runtime environment to the internal port.