FCB1010 configuration for MOD DuoX

My first inclination is to be able to turn effects on/off, but I’m not sure if that’s even possible with the “stomp style toggle” feature.

I don’t see a purpose to use program change messages, which afaik is the original function of the FCB1010.

I think off hand the top row can be configured for stompbox mode. Ie the toggle between 0-127 so you can turn fx etc on and off.

Maybe use the pc function for snapshots especially if you are using lots of stuff and changing parameters.

Best of both worlds then.

Maybe share a board that you want to control and we can see what we can do

Except I don’t use snapshots or have any purpose for them.

You’re saying I’d have to create separate snapshots that enable/disable specific effects? that sounds extremely tedious and not at all the workflow I am looking for.

Additionally I’m now having trouble getting FCBUnOControlCenter to work, so until then my device is useless anyway :frowning:

Ok so I finally have the editor working again (had to downgrade which wine version to use).

So this row of “stomp-box” buttons (can either be top or bottom row. unfortunately not both) can send out CC messages of 0 and 127 and those can (hopefully) be used to turn an effect on/off.

The other row will be unused since I really don’t want to use snapshots to control my effects (and would be totally confusing since a snapshot could turn certain effects on/off while the stomp-button has a different config).

I mainly find this FCBUnOControlCenter very confusing to use since it’s not clear from the UI how you are configuring any given button.

What’s also super weird is that when you click on one of the stompbox buttons the expression pedals change functionality.
So you have to make sure that under each setting you have the identical Expression Pedal settings otherwise they don’t work after enabling/disabling the button.

I did it without editor, see
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?p=130248#p130248

What do you mean with “did it”?

The video links in this post don’t give any information on how to use it with MOD.

I set the FCB1010 as a stombbox via the foot switches - see video - and then simply assigned in the Mod Duo X, all quite ~simple.

OK Dreamer try FCB1010 | Mountain Utilities

It’s another editor but like a spreadsheet that I used to use when I had one.

Expression pedals need to be set for each button if I remember correctly. Bit of a bind but cool for other things

Don’t forget PC can change the actually patches as well as snapshots

“No support for Ossandust’s ‘UnO’ firmware.” << as I mentioned I do have the UnO firmware.

But as I also mentioned I think I kind of have a row of “stompbox” switches now that should be able to turn effects on/off using CC messages.

It’s unfortunate that most of the device is rendered useless. It would’ve been way more useful if the UnO firmware allowed to have all the buttons as stomp-mode and if it would allow to have multiple pages of those.
I think this is what I originally had in mind when I got the FCB1010, but ultimately it’s much less useful then I’d hoped and I think I should probably just sell it since it’s just a heavy piece of not-very-useful gear.

1 Like

Sorry didn’t see that. RIPWORX is another editor.

To be honest I don’t own the fcb anymore for a similar reason, plus mine used to buzz really annoyingly.

I did notice the UNO2 chip if you like programming but for me there are better things out there.

Maybe try line 6 FBV as the run midi on USB and have an easy editor

Don’t get a nektar pacer as its a similar frustration

You could always just make one using an arduino, tinsy or piZ? Gutting the fcb.

Plenty of options to consider

1 Like

None of these are very useful options, but thanks for giving them anyway :wink:

I have the arduino shields for the Control Chain, so maybe I’ll DIY something (that is not as nice) one day.

Certainly not going to destroy the FCB1010, would rather sell it and use the funds for something useful.

Hi,

I am just starting with the configuration of the FCB1010 with a UNO 1.0.3 chip. After reading the manual I think the Uno Control Center is very useful and clear to me. I have to buy a license though to test if it really works as expected. Regarding the expression pedals, you can apply a setting so they change when you hit a stomp-box button, but if you don’t want that, you can set that option. Check the manual on page 21.

My FCB1010 was humming also. First changed the transformer, which resulted in less hum, but it was still present. After that I changed the capacitor at the PSU-part (1000 muF, 25V). The voltage reading was rather low, 25V and with a 10V transformer capacitor receives at least 14V on heavy load (not the case). A 10V transformer kan deliver about 13V on low loads, so the capacitor will receive around 19V DC. The FCB1010 which I bought second hand is about 10 years old I guess, so that capacitor was probably end of life. After changing the capacitor, no more noticeable humming.

1 Like