Expression pedals and adapter options for the Dwarf

Well, I currently have two expression pedals, one is a basic M-Audio affair, the other is a one that can be used as both a volume and also an expression pedal just by flicking a switch. So I don’t really want to chuck cash at yet another one. I like the sound of the Meloaudio interface, and have seen it in action - but it’s now pricey to pick one up in the UK. Blackstar do a similar design one for half the price, and as it also connects via USB I can’t see why it shouldn’t work. I’m tempted with the bluetooth interfaces but I’ve had serious issues with bluetooth connectivity in the past with other equipment so not so sure. But it’s all moot at the moment as I don’t have funds for any of them lol.

1 Like

I almost sold my reflex, I still have night terrors about that day :grimacing:

As a side note, did you know you can make a cable and unlock the fourth analogue expression output hidden in the sensor socket? :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Kevin, which version do you use ?
Do you use the USB midi ? Is it possible to calibrate the expression pedal and to use the different switches ?

@Vincent, yep, everything works as expected.

As far as I remember you calibrate the pedal while the unit is connected to a computer… although don’t quote me on that! There are instructions online somewhere.

Hi Kevin,
How to you pair the use of the FBV expression pedal with the use of a gain inside the pedalboard for example. I didn’t manage to do that, the only thing I can use is the switches, but not the pedal itself.
Thank you.
Vincent

You have to calibrate the pedal on the fbv itself, check the manual, or use a search engine maybe? I can’t remember exactly how to do it, you hold down one of the switches while turning it on then calibrate the pedal

Thank you.
OK, I’ve got a problem with my expression pedal. Calibration fails and it never stops sending alternatively 0 and 127 midi messages… I guess there is an issue with the hardware

No issues with the Dwarf. I sold my MC3 and expression pedal (spending more time messing with midi and not enough time playing music) but it was working fine with the dwarf.

This was my first experience with midi, though. At least for me it was a very steep learning curve.

Does this work? If not probably an issue with the FBV

FBV Express Mk. II:

1. Hold D while powering on the FBV. Upon release, the pedal display will read ‘1’.

2. Press and hold the pedal toeswitch until the 7 segment display changes to ‘2’. This should occur instantly.

3. Set the heel to the heel (minimum) position, press the D button. The 7 segment display will change to ‘3â’.

4. Set the toe position (maximum) and press the D button. The tuner LEDs above the 7 segment display will light.

5. Move the pedal and verify that the tuner LEDs sequentially turn off as the pedal moves to the minimum position, and refills when moved to the maximum position.

6. Press D to exit

1 Like

Thanks but I already tried this procedure. I bought a used unit and unfortunately it is disfunctional I think

Have you tried with the fbv plugged into a computer (as opposed to the dwarf)

I’m using the Boss EV-1-WL with a 3.5 TRS cable. I was only able to use 1 pedal at a time until thanks to a Forum member who suggested I use a Cv to midi plug-in so that the Boss Ev-1 controls many things at once. So if the pedal isn’t active but it’s still is being triggered but you won’t hear it until it’s active

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Expression pedal update

専用のエクスプレッションペダルの発売はまだですか?

Welcome here !
It’s in development !

ようこそ!
開発中です!

I got it ! I’m really looking forward to buy and try it !
Thanks from Japan:) ありがとう!

2 Likes

Hi,

Any advice for a simple expression pedal to attach to mod dwarf? Or in alternative a multi switch pedal to replicate dwarf pedal board switches like they was physical?

1 Like

M-vave Chocolate, probably the cheapest one. 4 footswitches + one jack for expression pedal.

2 Likes