Duo X - worth buying in 2023?

It should be an easy enough hack, as easy as changing the USB network default netmask on the dwarf or connecting both with wifi dongles and finding their ip addresses or setting customized hostnames

1 Like

There is a procedure documented in Custom IP Address - MOD Wiki
A bit experimental, and of course very technical.
If things go wrong a reinstall of the OS image will get things back to normal.

PS: if picking 192.168.52. as the base IP address, cloud authentication and pedalboard sharing should all still work. we recently added 192.168.52.1 to list of valid IPs on the cloud side, eventually to be used for WiFi stuff.

2 Likes

Great

It may be useful to have the option to change the hostname to be able to use .local suffixes on both

1 Like

thanks, @Zavorra & @falkTX
I ordered a first Dwarf some mins ago
:pizza:

6 Likes

So far as I know a ā€˜standardā€™ expression pedal (designed for any keyboard) plugged directly into Mod Dwarf will not do anything. I use a MIDI Solutions Pedal Controller (MIDI Solutions Pedal Controller; Continuous MIDI Data Generator) to translate changes from a standard (Roland) EXP pedal into MIDI Data which is fed to the Dwarf to give me real-time hands free control over effect settingsā€¦ works great!

1 Like

One more item in favor of the Duo X. The expression port works just fine with any regular Exp pedal.