No worries @jon , seems its an obscure use case and it seems i’m having trouble explaining.
I asked about it in here and they seemed to get it, doesn’t look like it’s possible though to hook into the HMI as I’d like : Starless 17 with multiple controllers - #7 by CreativeLemming
To try to put it simply again - rather than bend down and press an endless knob to turn an effect on or off that I’ve mapped to a page/subpage, I want to be able to trigger that action over MIDI. And I’d like to trigger the panel button presses to MIDI also.
That way I could have 6 midi commands on a footswitch and completely navigate and control the UI/effects. This would make the 6 button footswitch be able to control any pedalboard that I design without explicitly mapping MIDI commands to the effect parameters directly, but by mapping the effect parameters to the UI just navigating pages/subpages and triggering - just like you can with your fingers.
…imagine instead if I wired out the physical switches to external footswitches (or had really skinny toes and could press the knobs/buttons with my feet)
CC1,2,3 → Endless Knob Value
CC4,5,6 → Push Button (select subpage 1,2,3)