Content Exchange

Me too, I actually thought that you had to have above 10k subscribers or something but then I saw the video on how to do it in the YouTube Studio and I think it’s available to everyone

1 Like

Reposting this

Hey Folks

I just wanted to share this little home studio jam I did today - which is pretty much my first video with the Dwarf - I’m running it direct into Ableton via my Apollo Twin and as you can hear it’s noiseless - apart from when I activate the second channel which is where I have the Shiro Verb etc - it’s simply down to needing to adjust the level of one of the plugins… I’m looping a couple of soft synths using the amazing MIDI Guitar plugin by Jam Origin which really does work incredibly well for playing synths via you guitar/bass without the need for a MIDI pickup - I set three up in a synth rack in Live. The effects are triggered by Turnado (a great plugin by SugarBytes) and so the Dwarf is just looking after my bass signal - and doing a damn fine job of it. I’m using a Novation Launchpad X as a midi controller for the Dwarf - as i can map both macros and switch things on and off very quickly… the board is still a bit work in progress but I hope you enjoy some of this

6 Likes

Little contribution :sweat_smile: with the first unfinished pedalboard created on the Dwarf. definitely loving it.

4 Likes

Really cool videos @MikeFlynnBass and @PapaRoti thanks for sharing!
I added them to the Dwarf playlist, liked the videos and subscribed with the MOD YouTube channel

@PapaRoti
Is all the sound being generated by the Dwarf? it’s quite cool to see someone using it almost completely standalone!

3 Likes

Glad you like it! Yes, everything is from the Dwarf only the guitar in the end. However, all effects applied to the guitar is from the Dwarf as well. I used mostly the analogue soul for drum (with a blue box on the kick and a bass rig on the entire mix with a reverb), a black pearl for the tighter sounds. Also 3 different synth (fluid bass, fluid lead and Dx10). I tried a bit the Nekobi but couldn’t make it work for a quick one. This one seems to needs some homework to get the acid coming on. Each one of the generators has its own midi channel.

There’s a simple guitar rig with stereo delay as well. I tried to also use the midi out but wasn’t able to use the midi note to cc plugin (which will certainly become a topic on the forum if I still don’t succeed this week :sweat_smile:). Only mapped the synthesis types on the device and the delay tap tempo and division. So much more mapping could be done (and will be).

4 Likes

Thanks man - I’m getting more into the Dwarf - I’ll share any new pure Dwarf jams as soon as I get a chance to record them :raised_hands:t2::pray:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Another little jam with the Dwarf using it with a gentle tremolo effect (actually using a bit of CV for the subtle wobble!) but also of interest is I’m running my Dwarf into Ableton here direct via my Apollo Twin with little or no noise - it’s recording well

3 Likes

Nice vid, @MikeFlynnBass – and again mad playing and superb tone on that bass as well.

2 Likes

Thanks again QM :facepunch:t2::pray:t2:

Benn Jordan using the DuoX in his first live gig since lock-down:

Could’ve probably let the DuoX do the midi clock translation with a custom plugin?

4 Likes

Only if you get a network to usb converter and special handling of those usb packets…

Well I made some time today to finally record.

Tore everything out and just focused on the dwarf, tracker, and make noise trio.

I’ve been in a weird mood, so the stuff I did today was also pretty weird. A return to the horror movie sounding stuff I originally wanted to do.

I bought that RMPro plug-in and I don’t think that will ever leave my boards from now on, what an amazing plug-in. I cannot wait to see what other premium plug-ins will offer in the future.

Anyway, listen, or don’t. Todays recordings were about getting something out of my body and may not be for everyone lol

Long one:

Short one:

Mod dwarf is handling all effects, midi pass through, and mastering! (So stoked on the mastering plug-in)

Hope you all are well!
-Elk

7 Likes

I made an Instagram for the first time in 8 years lol boy am I out of date.

Less than a minute sound demo of my anesthesia board with the new RMPro mastering plug-in at the end of my chain.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVBWHc7BSSQ/?utm_medium=share_sheet

5 Likes

Super strange experiment I conducted today.

Using the strega and MOD Dwarf for vocal processing.

I made voice activated/modulated CV using a CV follower circuit on the strega. My throat is pretty raw due to the multiple experiments with throat singing lol

I will be refining this patch a bit more, as I set my external signal input too hot, so I lost the modulation I was achieving before.

I was frustrated by the time I actually got something recorded, so no editing, and video is cropped for insta because it’s less of a slog to make short videos there.

I’m saving up for a new camera, and then I will have a what I need to produce high quality visuals.

There is a chapter list, the mod dwarf/strega starts at 05:00 minutes

Hope you all are well!
-Elk

6 Likes

Great demo! I didn’t know that was possible! :upside_down_face:

Bear in mind that your unedited and (allegedly) “low quality” visuals are infinitely better than anything I can produce!

4 Likes

Thanks Marc!

I was actually surprised it worked out. I originally was just going to experiment with the vocal processing but looked at it and said “I wonder what would happen if I patch the CV follower into the activation input?”

I definitely have something to work with now haha

In terms of the video quality, I’m legitimately using my cell phone and plugging my audio interface into my cell phone for audio haha

I actually don’t really like being in my videos, and I use halogen workshop lights to get lighting in the room. Every time I sit to record a video where I’m in it, I feel the hot breath of Surtr itself upon me.

I’m saving up for a mirrorless Fuji XT30 II camera with a big sensor, that way I can use normal ambient light and fun colored lights for my videos and actually focus on the synths themselves.

I’m gonna refine this patch more today, it has some exciting possibilities haha. Very excited to get my DUOX in to tinker with CV modulation on the patch.

Thanks for watching!

4 Likes

Woah man this is really awesome! You keep impressing us with every new video.
The patch is super cool too. You got very creative with the set up! and the throat singing sounds awesome. Nice to see the MOD sticker and hoodie too :metal:
Also we like seeing you in the videos. It’s cool to see you finding a a flow and gaining momentum!

I just realised if I click “share” on the YouTube video there is an option to “Create a post” which I guess will be like reposting. It could be a way for us to give more exposure to your (everyones) videos. If you’re up for it I’ll try it on this one

2 Likes

Thanks James!

I’ll be refining this patch today with better input values and a mult to see if I can achieve some rudimentary pitch tracking on the vocals. My throat was pretty raw by the time I recorded but I have a natural overtone range in which I can sing and speak words that doesn’t affect my comfort, so I’ll be back at it today.

I’m super excited to get a second MOD unit with more power. I need more inputs for some of the ideas I have floating around in my noggin.

And of course I rep you guys, the dwarf is used for every single thing I create now. Tbh I create most of my stuff for your MOD channel anyway, so feel free to “repost” anything. I made my youtube channel for fun, and synths were a pandemic hobby lol

There are super talented musicians here, and I’ll leave the musical application videos to them haha I just want to paint with noise and see what I can do with the MOD platform and devices. Definitely a powerhouse for creativity!

I’m about ready to sell off my traditional synths and buy a make noise shared system and some soma gear so I can get really strange with it lol

6 Likes

Well the throat singing gave me an idea, so I moved forward with it.

Different sound and style than anything else I’ve done so far. I may continue down this path.

Hope you enjoy, and hope you all are doing well!

Also you’ll want headphones because it sounds like hot garbage on small speakers lmao

9 Likes

Crikey Elk - sounds like the Kaiju are coming!

3 Likes