Community Role Discussion (was: MOD community video and website page)

Awesome @spunktsch . That’s the way to do it!

I will send a PM with the links

It was not meant to be a product video and it was meant to focus on the people and music, rather than the product.

Hi Gianfranco, here is a new video tutorial showing how to build a simple “double pedalboard” to go straight to a PA with an electric instrument and an acoustic instrument.
I often use this kind of configuration and it works pretty well for me. Hope it could help…

16 Likes

That very good @zwabo . Very fun video :slight_smile:

Quick question. Do you keep the Dwarf display protector foil on purpose?

4 Likes

I’ve left mine on. Bad habit. I usually leave things like that on until they get damaged, and then remove them.

5 Likes

No…nothing on purpose…, I just forgot to pull it off.

1 Like

the video is now on the website.

8 Likes

Very nice showcase of the software, hardware and sound!
Short and crispy made!
Just one sidenote, after adding the cabsim it sounds like you set the output volume to high for the next 2 samples or so. Or is that only on my side?

it is likely, there is a slight distortion…sorry.

I really like the “MOD Dwarf Stop Motion Unboxing” video on Youtube (now also on the mod.audio website):

It’s fun to watch (usually I’m not much of a fan of unboxing videos, but this one’s cool) and also the shared pedalboard is really great, showing a lot of the capabilities of the device.

Great promotion overall.

However, I’m afraid that someone who doesn’t know about MOD yet will likely not fully understand that really ALL the sound comes from the Dwarf in this case and what kind of power is demonstrated here.
I myself was quite impressed immediately and amazed at the the clever combination of changing MIDI backing track and at the same time changing the guitar tone just by switching snapshots.
And in fact I doodled along with this for several hours a few days ago, jumping back and forth in the snapshots… :wink:

I think something like a “behind the scenes” or “making of” to that Video could really give a great insight to “the unknowing” just what great capabilities lie in the Dwarf / the MOD Ecosystem.

Or somethins similar, showing step by step how such an awesome Pedalboard is created.

“Look what I can do with this - I sit down in front of my PC, create a Pedalboard with an effect chain, hammer in some MIDI riffs and settings, save it all and now I can unplug the PC and play a whole song just playing my guitar and using the two footswitches on the Dwarf”.

Of course this particular Pedalboard + Song sure took longer to create than any casual viewers would be willing to follow in real-time, but some combination of playing a song (or part of it) as an intro, then showing how it’s created and in the end Playing a complete song (maybe without computer attached?) could send a great message.

Unfortunately I’m neither skilled nor creative enough to make something like this, bu I could imagine this could really draw some attention from interested people.

10 Likes

This video is amazing :heart_eyes: and it made me look into the MOD community. I can’t believe it doesn’t get more views on YouTube.

It checks all the boxes: short, creative, fun, very informative and achieved a great sound starting from scratch.

4 Likes